Monday, September 8, 2014

Craft & Cocktail

I love doing crafts & trying new cocktails, so why not do both at the same time...especially on a weekend night. So that is exactly what I did this weekend, I made myself a cocktail(s) and crafted a new set of bookends! 


I had been searching for the perfect set of bookends in the wonderful world of Goodwill & thrift shops for quite some time. Little did I know that a purchase from my recent Goodwill Hunting trip, a ah-hah moment, a can of spray paint, and a melon cocktail later...my search for bookends had ended...no pun intended. 


Here is the how it happened. To my surprise trophies are really easy to take apart. I just took the thing apart unscrewing it with my hands, kept the marble bottom, spray painted the girls red with Krylon Colormaster in Banner Red | Gloss, re-screwed the girls to the marble bottom and called it a day(night) which was needed after a few of those melon cocktails...delicious, but dangerous.


This craft was super easy and I really love the end result. I just love that sometimes you have no idea what you are going to do with a new impulsive GW buy, but create exactly what you had been searching for!  


Cheers to a successful crafts & cocktails night! 

xo, Jess 


2 comments:

  1. Love it Jess, very creative! Don't know where you come up with these ideas, maybe the melon cocktails inspired you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey .. .. .. where's the Bible in that bookcase? :)

    Dad-Rod

    ReplyDelete