Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall Apple Cocktail

My maiden name is Redd and I have been wanting to try out an apple cocktail, so of course I had to use Redd's Apple Ale in this recipe. At first I was going to pair it with Fireball Whiskey, but that stuff is just too sweet for me. So, I decided to try to take matters into my own hands and create my own cinnamon infused liquor. Since I had never infused booze before, I stuck with something budget friendly, which actually the Scotch/Whiskey blend from Trader Joe's is pretty decent and a great deal. 


At first I poured about half the booze into a decanter and dropped in 3 cinnamon sticks and let it sit over night. Tried it the next day and there really wasn't much of a cinnamon-y flavor, so I added ALL the cinnamon sticks and let it sit for 2 more days. Welp, that did work...so well, that I had to add the rest of the booze to cut it a bit. 



Now that the cinnamon booze was ready all I had left to do was pour some of it(1 part) and the apple ale(3 parts) over some ice, stir and garnish with an apple if you choose. FYI...this cocktail is strong...it will warm you up quicker than that burning fire on a cool crisp day.




Enjoy! 

xo, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment