Friday, October 10, 2014

Skull Wreath

OMG...it has been a cray cray week, so I am excited for a weekend to get our place into full HALLOWEEN/FALL effect. Whoop whoop I am pumped for some pumpkin carvin, apple spiced cocktails...and maybe a bonfire. What up Midwest, the Southwest can hang with your Autumn lifestyle too! 

To start the weekend off I have a fun DIY Halloween project to share. A few weeks ago at a Goodwill 50% Off Saturday sale (my favorite day) I found a wreath that was in pretty good shape, a bag of skulls and an impulse buy...a rubber rat. 


Oh how fun does this look right?!?!  So to start, I pulled off all the plastic shit from the wreath, which like I said was in really great condition. 


I know...I debated keeping this pretty lady all natural, but ended up dressing her up in a little black glossy dress. At first I didn't plan on alternating the skulls, but got a bit spray paint happy and decided to make those dead heads silver. 


Welp, loved the silver dead heads...but they had lost all definition...who knew that happens when you become a skeleton. My lil guys need some glam and glitz, which was easily taken care of with some sparkle infused black paint. 



Then came out the guns...the hot glue gun that is. I originally planned on doing a all skull wreath, but I quickly changed my mind when I was like...this is so boring I need some color up in here! Well remember those fake ass flowers I ripped off in the beginning...a few of them made the cut. 


And remember the impulse buy...the rat...she ended up the star of the show! 





See...I told you it would be fun! 


What fun Halloween decor are you all doing? 

xoxo, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment